Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tennessee Vacation - Day 4

Wrap it up, I'll take it... That's right, I'm about to wrap up our trip to Tennessee!

If you recall from my last post, I mentioned that the lovely host, Janice, from the B&B where we were staying recommended a hike for us to take. She prepared a delicious picnic lunch for us and off we headed to Big Creek and Mouse Falls. The Ponies, of course, came with us.


The hike to Mouse Falls is two miles and it's a relatively flat and easy hike.


On the way to the falls you hike next to Big Creek where there is a wonderful swimming hole. Or so we were told. Our host mentioned the fact that the water is freezing so we opted not to go in but maybe next time.


The thing I love most about Big Creek is that it's absolutely littered with these enormous boulders the whole way. We had a great time climbing around on them.


Along the walk, on the forest side (as opposed to the creek side), it was filled with beautiful white rhododendron flowers. My sister in law loves these so I was sure to send her a photo text while we walked.



Selfie :)  I've never really been a selfie kind of person but since it was just the two of us and I didn't want all of our pictures to be just nature or just [A] or just me, selfies it was.


When we made it to Mouse Falls we ate lunch while dangling our legs over a huge boulder. While there these tiny white/blue butterflies kept us company and one even landed on my shoulder and stayed with me for a good part of our walk back.


The next morning we were headed home but before we left we spent a bit of time walking around the property at Whisperwood Farm and Chapel. I love our reflection in the door.


Right next to the door is a Shalom sign and when we were leaving, on the sign was this amazingly huge, furry moth. It was beautiful.


The chapel on the property is rustic and gorgeous. And then to learn that Janice and her husband built it themselves makes it that much more meaningful.


Thank you for coming along with me on this journey. I know there were a lot of pictures and too many days in between posts but I really wanted to get this done and in a format where I'll be able to go back and look at it again and cherish the memories we made together.

No comments:

Post a Comment