Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello and Happy Belated Mother's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with the special mother's and children in your lives.

We had a barbecue at my aunt's house and almost all of the moms from that side of the family were there to celebrate with us. We were only missing sis-in-law A and her daughter, and cousin D and her daughter.
Aunt G, Nana with [E], Great Grammie, me with [K]

Aside from paying for some orchids my mom picked out for herself, I made cards for my mom, grandma, and for myself from our daughters.

I found the printable online at Positively Splendid and then just took the girls out around town to find pretty places to take their pictures.

I got the chalkboard from Michael's and used chalk markers to write the messages. They worked great however the problem is that after a message or drawing has been on the board for too long you can still see it even after erasing it with a wet towel.

It was fun asking [K] why she loved each of the Momma's however I think it will be even more fun next year when [E] can make a contribution as well.

I really like how the pictures turned out however I will admit there was some serious bribing going on to get them to both look at the same time.

Last but not least, we had another Muffin Tin Tuesday and here's what [K] had:
Top row: three slices of turkey rolled, broccoli and carrots, cherry tomatoes
Bot row: mandarin oranges, long grain white rice, chocolate pudding
Unfortunately this lunch didn't go over as well as I had hoped. [K] loves white rice from Panda Express and usually when I make rice on the stove top. I bought these to-go microwave rice cups because they are faster and apparently she didn't like them. Also, she only ate half of the turkey so I guess you win some, you lose some. I'll have to come up with some new ideas for next week. I'm already starting to think about what I'll do for her when she's in school full time next year. I can't believe my baby will be eating lunch away from home. *Sigh* time really does go by too fast.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cats, would you look at those beautiful girls?! Great idea with the cards, lady.

    ReplyDelete