Saturday, February 8, 2014

Daddy Daughter Date Nights

Recently on Facebook I posted a link to an article from the HuffingtonPost.com entitled "What Little Girls Wish Daddies Knew". It's a good reminder of how important our dads are to us girls, and if you have a few minutes take a look at it. This past December and again last night, A & K went to a Daddy Daughter Dance through two different venues. I still remember to this day when my Dad and I went to a Daddy Daughter Sock-Hop at my elementary school (we won the dance competition!) I think most girls are secretly (or hopefully not too secretly) a Daddy's Girl. My dad has taught me how to change the oil in my car as well as tutored me late into the night on the phone before a big math exam. I have never questioned how much my dad loves me. He isn't afraid to show it and watching him (and A's dad) with our two girls is simply magical. Don't get me wrong, my mom and I are best friends and when I need to vent or need reassurance, I'm calling her. But there are few things more beautiful to me, as a mom, to see my girls with their daddy.

Anyway, back to the Daddy Daughter Dances. The first one was in December and that was through a local children's museum. It was a Cinderella Princess Ball theme and they had a really great time.




The second Daddy Daughter Date was last night through our park district. The theme for that one was Little Mermaid Under the Sea. I was a little surprised when they came home an hour before the dance was supposed to end but K was so excited for the fun she and Daddy had planned for that night that she wanted to get to that as soon as possible.




There's nothing like ending a fun evening with a camp-in. Even Little Sis got in on it before heading off to bed. I hope everyone's Friday night was fun and that you're enjoying your weekend. We're spending the day in our jammies, playing in the tent and eating pizza. Pretty much heaven on earth :)

Take care,
~ J :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think that tent in the living room looks super cool :D

    ReplyDelete