Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pac NW Vacation - Day 4

Wrapping up our time in Portland, we hit a few spots that have been featured prominently on the NBC show, Grimm. We crossed the Columbia River taking us over the border from our friends gorgeous home in WA to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in OR where we visited three beautiful waterfalls.

Our first stop was at the Wahkeena Falls.

Stop number two was the one I was looking forward to the most.
The Multnomah Falls were so beautiful. We had a great time hiking around the area, checking out the cute gift shop and even climbing up to the bridge with both kids.

K with a handful of moss to toss off the bridge.

Rounding out our Waterfall Trifecta Tour was Horsetail Falls. While this fall was very beautiful, I only saw it from the warm, dry car. It had been drizzling off and on all morning and by then E was sleeping so the brave men went out and took the pictures for us.


Our second half of the day was spent exploring Cathedral Park and St. Johns Bridge. I love bridges and this one is a real beauty.

Spanning the Willamette River

Cathedral Park (named after the Gothic Cathedral-like appearance of the bridge towers) was a great place to get K out of the car to burn some energy.


I have to admit to doctoring up the photo above. It's such a pretty sight, with the arches of the bridge and the tree in the middle that the white concrete patches in the original photo were just too distracting so I used Photoshop to do my own "repairs".

That covers our time in OR for the most part. I'll leave you tonight with a few stragglers that didn't get their own posts but deserve to be mentioned.

This is a scenic overlook right by our friends house. I love how the Columbia
disappears into the mist. Also, it would be awesome to own that house down there.

Beautiful Mt. Hood

The Columbia River taken from the McMenamins Brewery in Vancouver, WA.

Stay tuned for the rest of our trip in Washington and Victoria, B.C.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was skadds of fun. Hopefully one day I'll get around to seeing that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super-jealous. Maybe if I'm really, really good and the stars align just right, my hubby will take me there some day, too. Hint, hint. Wink. Nudge. Body check.

    ReplyDelete