Sunday, October 6, 2013

Recipe: Slow Cooker Apple Crisp

As you may recall we recently went apple picking so I have lots and lots of apples to use in various recipes. The first three recipes I feature here are going to be utilizing a slow cooker because it's just so simple to toss all of the ingredients in and forget it the rest of the day.

This first recipe came from the website, Repeat Crafter Me. It's a great site that my sister-in-law introduced me to when she made our family matching owl hats last Christmas.


This apple crisp was easy to make, very tasty, and reheats well. My only complaint with it is that it uses a lot of butter. However, if you are looking for a hands-off, no fuss recipe, this is it.

6 apples peeled and sliced thin
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup softened butter

Place the sliced apples inside the slow cooker. Mix the remaining ingredients together and put on top of the apples (do not stir). Cover and cook on LOW about 6 hours.

I served ours with vanilla ice cream which I highly recommend.

Enjoy! - J

No comments:

Post a Comment